Saturday, August 03, 2013

A Long Time

It's been a long time since I've been active on this blog. In actuality, I forgot about it for some time.  After I moved back to South Florida, Facebook really took off and I stopped blogging. It was a recent event that caused to me find this  site again.

In past blogs, I wrote about Jill. On July 23, Jill passed away. Jill fought a long and hard battle while here on this earth. She had Cystic Fibrosis (CF).  I am not sure she truly understood the impact she had on myself and so many others.  I only hope I can help keep her memory alive. I have struggled over the past week to find the words to describe what I am feeling. However, I don't think there are any words. As a therapist, this is difficult for me. Maybe I should do a sand tray.  I think I am just finding it difficult to even organize my thoughts.

Jill was an amazing person. When I found out I was pregnant with my second child, she took an interest in helping me name her when she found out it was a girl...suggesting I name her after her.  When I was getting close to the end of the pregnancy, I realized that naming my little girl after Jill would be a gift I could give to both Jill and my baby. On January 27, 2013, Jillian was born. I will never forget calling Jill and telling her the baby's name. Little Jillian has some big shoes (and lots of them) to fill.

I am hoping that by returning to this blog I can not only cope with the loss of such a wonderful friend and person but also keep her legacy alive.

Until next time...

No comments: