Monday, August 19, 2013

Coping

As I sit here, I've been trying to figure out what to write. I've had a rough couple days....not that I am complaining I am alive and relatively healthy. I guess I am just tired and really wish God would give me a time out. I know that he doesn't give us more than we can handle but right now I feel so overwhelmed.

I've been thinking a lot (which for me can be a double edge sword). The other day after Gage's evaluation I picked up the phone to call Jill. I knew she would know what to say. Then I realized she wouldn't answer. She always knew what to say...even if I didn't want to hear it. I respected her opinion. I would give anything right now to hear her tell me to stop feeling sorry for myself and to put my big girl panties on and advocate for Gage. I know I don't like what is in front of me but it is the path that God has given to me. I can accept that.

My little boy is special this I know as every parent knows that their child is. I wouldn't want him any other way. He just has a different path to walk. Life was not meant to be a straight a narrow path...that's not interesting enough. He will carve out his own way and create a path that is unique like him. I only hope and pray I can guide him along the way.

Until next time....

No comments: