Sunday, September 01, 2013

A Walk Down Memory Lane

On Friday, I went UCF and visited the Tri Delta house. I hadn't been back since I graduated in 1998. I was meeting with the Chapter president about some details for Jill's memorial. It was surreal being there at first. Although the house has been remodeled it was still the same. I could see rush and all the shenanigans that went on while I was living there. I could also feel Jill. I realized that although it's been a long time since "coming home", it never really changes.

I sat and chatted with the Chapter President for a while. I am thankful that she listened to all my old stories. I wanted to try to give her a glimpse into who Jill was. I am not sure that I really could give her that in the little time we had. But she listened and they have come up with a wonderful banner to honor Jill next weekend. I can't wait to see it hanging in front of the Tri Delta house. Jill would be so honored.

It was interesting talking with Chapter President. Things are so different now. They no longer do any skits for rush :( that totally bummed me out. I talked about all the shenanigans we would get into. She was surprised that some of what I was talking about was true. She thought they were just myths or urban legends. LOL. While the Greek life at UCF has changed quite a bit, I realized that the sisterhood is still the same and always will be. While we all join a Greek organization for different reasons, we stay for one....SISTERHOOD! It isn't just for four years, it is forever. Sometimes life might get in the way but we will always be there for each other. Thank you Beta Lambda for all the memories.

Until next time...

No comments: