Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Today was good day. It's been a wierd week with a holiday falling on Monday and me leaving on Thursday. My eating has been controlled. I want to thank everyone for their comments. It really does help to motivate me. I am feeling stronger everyday.

So, Jill's mom came to the rescue today and drove me to meet my aunt in Wrentham at the Outlet Mall (Alamos). Thanks a million Deb!! Ok to go off on a tangent for a minute. Deb has been awesome to me since I have moved up here. She has become a surrogate mom to me and I appreciate it more than words can say. Ok now that that is out of the way back to the story... My aunt is great and love spending time with her and her family, especially my cousins. They are awesome. I just finished spending the last hour sitting downstairs with my aunt looking through old photo albums and scrapbooks. It was a blast. I was also given the opportunity to get more of a glimpse as to who my father was. She has poems and songs that he had written while he was alive and she gave them to me. That means the world to me. I love hearing stories about him and who he was.

So I am off to Florida tomorrow....everyone wish me luck and pray for me. I am gonna need it. I only hope that the absence has given me enough strength to make it through 5 days.
Until tomorrow..........

1 comment:

Balboni said...

I'm glad that you had the opportunity to share with your aunt about your dad. I think that if you ask, she will share. Perhaps the family just doesn't know how to approach it.

Anywho...I think Scooter misses you- He howled ALL night, not that I was sleeping, then get his- he went into my purse (on the couch), got out my debit card (granted it wasn't in my wallet. It was just in there loose) and proceed to eat it beyond recognition (yes, he chewed my picture on the card). He's resting comfortably today, probably because he was up to his own devices last night. Hope your having a good time...