Saturday, July 02, 2005

I am so glad that today is Friday. I have had a couple of crazy weeks and I am looking forward to this long weekend. Although a long weekend to me is two days off in a row. I usually work in the mornings on Saturday. I did good with eating today, probably because of the weight in. Jill, Johanna, and I went to the Charlie Horse for dinner tonight. I was very impressed with myself resisting the urge to eat the appetizers that they both ordered. Then we came home and watched Spanglish with Adam Sandler. There was a part in the movie where Tea Leoni's character goes and buys a size smaller for her daughter. She then proceeds to tell her that she knows she will lose the weight and look good. This to a child maybe only 10 years old. I can hear you all now...it is only a movie. But you see that is where you all are wrong. It is life. It is life when you are fat. The damage that is done to our youth is so hard to reverse.
I got to thinking last night after my post. If you look in the media, you see famous people struggling with their weight ~ Kirstie Alley, Oprah Winfrey ~ to name a few. I think showing how a "real" person struggles with being overweight would put some real perspective on it. I am not sure I know anyone that would ignore Oprah because she was fat. It is so different for the famous people than it is for us regular people.
Next Tuesday, The Biggest Loser comes back on. It is on NBC. It is of course another reality show. I encourage everyone to watch it. I know I will.
Also my search for kickboxing classes has hopefully come to an end. I believe I found a martial arts center that offers Cardio kickboxing (YEAH!!!!!!) I am going to get some information tomorrow after I see my clients in the morning.
I hope everyone has a safe and healthy Fourth of July. Please keep all of our service men and women in your prayers. Unfortunately, one of my sorority sisters lost her husband, a Navy SEAL, on the helicopter that was shot down earlier in the week. I ask that everyone please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.
Until tomorrow.............

No comments: