Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Happy Tuesday!! I hope everyone had a safe and fun Fourth of July!!Today was a good day. I did really good with my eating and stayed on track today. I feel extremely rejuvenated from my weekend long hibernation. As I prepare to head back to Florida, I am filled with mixed feelings. Florida holds so much pain. I know I am stronger now than I was 7 months ago. I can just feel the anxiety building up inside. I refuse to eat it away. I found one of my many books on diet and eating. This one is on overeating. It is a journal and takes you through different stages on overcoming overeating. My most difficult part is the emotional part.

I started seeing a therapist recently to help me cope with trying to lose the weight and why I keep it on. What the reasons are for eating. One thing that has stuck in my mind that she mentioned to me is about how I nurture myself. I can't seem to get that out of my mind. I couldn't answer her when she asked me that question because I don't. I take so much time worrying about everyone else that I forget about the most important person ~ ME!! I am starting to realize that it is not selfish to think about yourself...it is self preservation. I am creating boundaries, as hard as that might be for me. It feels oddly exhilirating. I am not sure the last time I felt this.

I wish everyone a safe Wednesday. Until tomorrow..........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great revelation! I am praying for you. Know that whatever your size, you are amazing and loved!!!! AA