Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Round Two!!

Well here I am the night before my second attempt at having this surgery. I am very excited for it to be done. I am tired of not being able to breathe when I am walking. I had someone ask me how I became this big. There is no answer for that. It's like asking someone why they eat. We eat to survive. And unfortunately, I would eat and eat. Some people are addicted to drugs, alcohol, shopping, and gambling. My addiction over the past few years has been food. Some use food for emotional reasons. My weight is representative of so much that has happened to me over the past years. It was a gradual gain of usually 10 or 15 pounds a year. As one gets older, the weight is harder to get off.

RENT is one of my favorites broadway musicals EVER. I have seen it 5 times and seen the movie. I basically have the entire musical memorized. To me, it is more than a story line. The words are very true. "No Day but Today" Live for today because you might not have tomorrow. "The heart may freeze or it can burn. The pain will ease if I can learn. There is no future. There is no past. I live this moment as my last. There's only this. Forget regret or life is yours to miss. No other road. No other way. No Day but Today." These lines from the musical are so true. This surgery is a new start for me - a new chapter in my book.

Until next time......

No comments: