Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Disappointment

Well I went in for the surgery today and everything was going well. I was given the IV and they put me under the anesthesia. However, when the surgeon went to blow my abdomen up with gas so that she could work there seemed to be an issue. She tried for about an hour and then cancelled the surgery. Needless to say, I am very disappointed. BUT, that is not the end of the story. She had another surgery scheduled and she was having the same difficulty and decided to try another machine. That machine was fine. When I spoke with the surgeon, she said that we have a couple of options. So, I will be calling to make an appointment for Friday to discuss those options. It looks like I might end up having the surgery August 1st (my original date). I guess everything happens for a reason.

Thank you to everyone for their words of encouragement and support. This truly has to be the hardest thing I have ever done.

Until next time.........

No comments: