Monday, July 31, 2006

RECOVERY TIME

Oh my God!!!! Jill was so right when she said abdomenal surgery sucks!!!!!!! I am on a lift restriction - no more than 10 pounds. I don't even know if I can lift that. As some of you know, they had to convert to an open bypass. It seems that my abdominal muscles are too strong and they were unable to put enough air in me to be able to see well enough to complete the surgery laproscopically. Anyways, they opened me up and I have a ton of staples. I am not sure how long they will be in for. I go to the surgeon's office on Friday for a follow up appointment. My baby sister, Faith, will be flying in on Wednesday to help me for the next week. I am not sure what I am going to do after that. I never would have thought that it would be this painful. And I am trying not to take that much pain medicine. It seems that a side effect is constipation, which really doesn't make things feel any better down in the abdomen region. Anyways, I am trying to stay hydrated. Although the hospital put enough IV fluids in me. I swear I had at least 15 pounds of extra water on me. It is really amazing to me how many things we take for granted everyday. It hurts to cough, laugh, and even to yawn.

I am tired. More next time..........

No comments: