Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Roller Coaster Living

It's been a little bit since I have had some time to write. Things have been a bit crazy in my house....more like a roller coaster. Hmmm that pretty much sums up my life right now. Although sometimes I feel more like ping pong. Anyways.

Gage is doing better since we pulled him from daycare. Although I go back and forth about that decision (mostly because I want him to be socialized around other children his age), I know it is what is best for him right now. I have noticed a huge increase in his vocabulary. He is also trying to put together more than 2 words at a time to try to communicate his needs. This is still an area he is having difficulty in...which leads to temper tantrums. We also have been to an ENT and she seems to think that he has REFLUX. Really is that what all the coughing is about. We started him on a daily dose of Prevacid and now limit the amount of milk he can have in a day. We have also started to give him soy milk which he is not all that fond of. But a huge plus is that he is eating more and drinking less!!! I am hoping that this is the root of some of the problem. Only 3 more weeks until his evaluation at the Dan Marino Center. I am not sure what to expect but all I want now is answers and solutions. I want to be able to help him reach his full potential.

I have been trying to balance work and being a mommy...that is definitely not an easy thing. I wish there was a solution that made it easier. For now I am lucky to be able to have flexibility.

Changing gears...my favorite month of the year is here - October. This also happens to be my birthday month and I missing Jill a lot. My birthday is the 5th but Jill always seemed to think it was the 10th. That day coincides with her lung birthday (April 10th). It has been 14 years since she has been doing that. This will be the first one that I don't hear from her on the 10th. I am hoping she sends me a sign of some sort as she has been doing for the past couple of months.

It's late and I should probably try to sleep.

Until next time....

1 comment:

Amy Bombard said...

Glad to hear that Gage is doing better and you are hearing him talk more....I can't wait to see a post of him talking your ear off and you write to say you'd like a mute button :) I couldn't wait for Jordan to talk and now.....just a few minutes of quiet are a blessing (although she does seem to say the darndest things when shes on a roll).