Sunday, January 26, 2014

Celebrating

Today we celebrated the kids’ birthdays. We held the celebration at a nearby park. I was hoping that this would be beneficial for Gage. I’m not sure I fully thought that out. After several days of “cold” weather, I think everyone was at the park…ok not really. However, there were several parties going on at the same time as ours. This turned out to be very interesting. Gage had no problem going into all the pavilions and helping himself to what they had.  He ran up to virtually everyone at the park and interacted with them on some level. For his dad and me, we cheer this. Luckily, there were understanding people at the park. To everyone at Royal Palm Beach Commons Park today between the hours of 1-4 pm, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. There is always so much anxiety that I have going out because I never know how Gage is going to react to situations.  I mean I can try to anticipate and control for as much as I can but I am not always able to do that 100% of the time. So, to all those people sitting on the grass as Gage came running onto your blankets – Thank you. He loves to run and be chased. Unfortunately, he doesn’t always understand when to stop. To the couple with the bicycle who allowed Gage to play numerous times with the bike never becoming frustrated with him – I thank you. To the party that was going on in Pavilion 19 – thank you for allowing him to “crash” your party. I cannot begin to explain how thankful I was for all the understanding.

Gage has been doing amazingly well. The words that he is using every day have multiplied. I can’t even begin to remember all the words. Some I didn’t even realize he knew. While this helps with us being able to communicate with him, he still has his moments where we have no idea what he is trying to tell us. He has also started to be more social. He will tell me “hold hand mommy”. This generally means he wants to show me something. Just hearing my sweet boy say “mommy” will never get old. I waited almost 3 years to hear that word. I had said I wouldn’t complain when he started talking and I won’t. I love every word that comes out of his mouth.

Jillian turns 1 tomorrow. I am not sure I will have the time to write this tomorrow so I am writing this tonight. I can hardly believe that my little girl is turning 1. She truly completes our family. I will never forget the day I gave birth to her. When I looked at her, I knew immediately she was “Jillian”. I will always remember calling Jill after her birth to tell her the name. She had taken such interest in naming this little bundle of joy…She even mailed me a long list of names. In the end, we decided that Jillian was what suited her. Jill’s reaction was normal Jill and will stay with me forever. While she never met Jillian, I know she is with her every day. I miss her.


Until next time…

No comments: