Saturday, September 06, 2014

Reminders

I know it's been a few months since I've posted. It's crazy how fast time flies by without you even realizing it. It's been a busy summer here in our household and now we are settling into the school year. Gage is still attending Pre-K at Loxahatchee Groves Elementary and Jillian started daycare. She is doing ok except for the daily screaming when I drop her off. But I am sure she will eventually get used to it.

Today is the one year anniversary of Operation Queen B Ash and Dash. I can say without a doubt that  those memories are some of the best and I will cherish them. I know Jill was smiling down on us that night. I was reminded again of her presence today. I found a small white feather by the leg of. My dining room table. Interestingly, it was the same table I bought when I lived in Plymouth with Jill. I know. She was telling me that she is still around even if it's been awhile since she's let me know. It couldn't have come at a more perfect time.

I was reminded this past week that the grief ninja can strike at anytime and any place. You would think I would be a pro at this. I am not sure that anyone becomes a pro no matter what specialized training they have. I have learned so much of what to say to grieving people. I will never tell a grief stricken person that it will get easier with time. Because I have learned that it doesn't get easier, it just becomes a new "normal". Telling them it gets easier makes the person feel like they are crazy when the pain doesn't subside. Everyone grieves differently and in their own time. Who am I to say what another persons grief looks like. I only know my own pain and grief.

I made a decision about 2 weeks ago to change some VERY BAD habits. I was introduced to Advocare by a good friend. At first, I thought there is no way this is going to work for me, but I was desperate. I was feeling like shit and tired ALL the time. I knew something had to change so I was willing to give it a try. I started their 24 Day Challenge. I couldn't believe the difference in how I felt after 1 day. I am not bullshitting anyone. I have not felt this good in years...probably not since right after I lost all my weight after my gastric bypass surgery. I have so much energy and I feel a huge difference in my clothes. I can't wait to weigh myself and do my measurements in 6 days. This is definitely something I can stick to.

Tomorrow is battle day in our household...Patriots vs. Dolphins. One of us will not be a happy person at the end of that game. So I am going to go to bed and try to get some rest before the showdown.

Until next time...

No comments: