Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Little things

Well November is over and of course I failed to list what I was grateful for daily. I realized that even though I didn't acknowledge out loud (or in writing)  what I was grateful for didn't mean that I wasn't thinking about it. Actually I thought about it all day pretty much everyday...I was just too Exhausted to write it out.

I think this is the most valuable thing I've learned an I am thankful for.  I've learned to stop and notice the little things. Gage has taught me that. Tonight I was brought almost to tears by Gage. We were driving (ok I was driving) and all of sudden he says "red light stop" "green light go". I couldn't believe my ears. You see Gage never says anything when we are in the car even if I try to engage him. Most times I end up having a conversation with myself. So hearing him say 3 words together brought tears to my eyes...to be able to communicate with my son is so precious to me. I don't take that for granted. So to carry on any type of conversation with him is more valuable to me than anything else in this world.

November has been an eye opener for me. I have done a lot of soul searching and realized a lot (although I could do without the anxiety and mini panic attacks). I know that there are lessons to be learned in all of my experiences and I am trying wholeheartedly to open myself up to it. I am really trying to let go of what I can not control. It is definitely a daily struggle. I just know that is have to live with myself and my decisions and if I'm ok with that then nothing else matters. Life is constantly changing. We all have our paths that we must take. Just remember to try not to judge others unless you have walked in their shoes. I am trying to remember this for myself.

Gage has definitely taught me so much more than I have taught him and I am so thankful for this gift. Life is short and I have been reminded of this all to much recently. Make the most of each day given to you.

Until next time...

No comments: