Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Hey everyone!! I thought I would give this a whirl since Jill is recording her struggles, I thought that I would record my thoughts and struggles with trying to lose weight so that I can give her a kidney.

Things are going good. I have lost about 10 pounds currently ~ only about 35 more to go. I am trying toget involved in new and different things, such as martial arts or kickboxing. I get so bored easily and lose interest. Not to mention so busy and tired.

I want to thank everyone for the support that Jill has received over the past 6 months. She really appreciates it beyond the words she expresses to you all.

2 comments:

Balboni said...

I have had some battles to contend with, but God has not left me alone in my challenges. I have been blessed with the gift of friends. Perhaps the most astonishing acts of selflessness I have experienced are from those who offer a part of themselves. So many of friends have offered their hear to me to help me get through- Carrie, on the other hand, has also offered her kidney. Many of us know the struggle to lose weight, especially when eating is wrapped up with emotions- good and bad. Carrie is battling those demons for herself and for me in hopes that may be I'll have a chance at living with her kidney.

Losing weight is never easy and I'm sure Carrie gets frustrated, feeling that I am watching every bite, in selfish hopes I met get one of her beans. I am trying to separate myself from her story.o I'm cheering her on- please join me!

Anonymous said...

carrie, just your unselfless act of even trying to donate a kidney to jill is an unbelievable act of friendship and kindness.you never seem to lack energy when it comes to giving to othes just keep the faith and take it one step at a time....if you believe it -you can acheive it... believe in yourself you are such a beautiful girl